Thursday, November 18, 2010

saved some green....with some green

This week sure has been chock full of good deals. In anticipation of Thanksgiving next week, you can score many a great deal on stuffing, potatoes, turkey, and the likes if you're in the market to do so.

I promise I will stop posting about my great deals soon, but I just wanted to share a little story with you. As you know, I normally don't look forward to taking my kids to the store with me, especially when I am trying to concentrate on my coupons. Last time I shopped, without thinking I handed a coupon over to Ellery in an effort to pacify her. She sucked on it until it disintegrated! I might as well have given her a dollar bill to tear up.

Well, today was no different. I loaded my younger 3 into the van and we drove to Target. We were all in good spirits, the bigger 2 hanging off the sides of the cart, heads back, Stella shouting "woo-hoo", having a grand old time looking for, and finding all the deals on my list.

Ellery was sitting up front in the baby seat, and from the looks on her face I could tell she was pooping. She's been having a real problem with that lately.... meaning, it's been quite explosive.

One whiff told me it was a bad one. We were almost done shopping, so I thought it could wait till after we checked out, and I could get to the bathroom....another one of my Target peaves- bathroom location.

Well, she began to cry, and would not calm down.  I went to lift her out of the baby seat, and I noticed that she had poop oozing out of the top of her tights, and seeping through her legs. The baby seat was covered in a nasty, green, gooey mess.

Nice. I bet you'll think twice before you put anything in the baby seat at Target next time :)

Well, I promptly put her back down, and like any good mom, I situated her dress a bit, in an effort to disguise the mess....not really knowing what to do about the sticky situation we were in.

I quickly grabbed the wipes out of my bag, and for some reason happened to glance down underneath the cart. I saw the bag of dog food underneath, and from where I was standing, I thought I caught a glimpse of green on the bag.

NO!

Yes, apparantly the poop was escaping the baby seat and working it's way down the cart. You know, typical law of gravity stuff. At least I was in need of the big bag of dog food, and the green mess stopped there. LOL.

Well, that's all background,everybody poops, information. We are finally to the part of the story that I really wanted to share with you!

I bent down to wipe off the bag of dog food, and in that exact moment I glanced up, and was eye to eye with Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent.

My absolute favorite brand.

It was on clearance, bottom shelf of the end cap. Had I not been on the ground wiping up baby doo, I would have completely missed it! By far, best deal I've "stumbled" upon in a long time.

Originally $7.99, on clearance for $2.84. The best part is that I had $2 in coupons for each bottle! I had been holding on to them for awhile, playing the waiting game for the right deal to come along.

My best deals.... all of this for around $5!


We all left the store happy, the cart was cleaned up, and the laundry detergent has already been put to good use :) 

Truly a story of shopping encouragement...how my kids green saved us some green!

Have a good day friends.

No comments: