His birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so we decided it would be a good day to take the kids skiing. Tim took Austin last year, but it was all new for Sydney and Dyl. ( We left the little 2 home)
It was a beautiful 45 degree winter day, the sun was shining, and the only snow in town was on the slushy ski slope.
After a little coaching from Tim, the kids picked up on it pretty quickly... and we owned the bunny hill for the better part of the afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised that after a 10 year hiatus, I still had it too :)
As the afternoon gave way to evening, Tim and I took turns taking the big 2 up the chairlift to ski the bigger hills, and one of us stayed with Dyl on his trusty bunny hill and magic carpet ride.
Before we left for the evening, Dylan really wanted to ride the chairlift, so we all went up, and Tim skiied down holding onto Dyl. It really was a good time.
On Sunday we had a little party. It was Superbowl Sunday, so we went with a football theme :)
Look out "juicy red birds on the feeder"
For fun, I thought I'd interview Dylan again like I did last year.
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? Work with wood or concrete
3. What is your favorite toy? remote control truck
4. What is your favorite thing to do with dad? Hunt for ducks
5. What is your favorite thing to do with mom? Make cookies
6. If you could have any super power what would it be? Be able to fly
7. Favorites at school? Gym, math and recess
8. Favorite tv show/movie? Home Alone
9. If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Florida
10. Favorite food? Pizza
11. If you could have picked your name, what would it be? Zach
An out of town husband, nocturnal 2 year old, 5 energetic kids that need to go fun places like the dentist and orthodontist, homework, embroidery hoops...all I've got left at the end of the day is the energy to play "Words with Friends" people :)
In my defense, I've written a lot of blog posts in my head....they just don't ever seem to make it to the keyboard.
But I'm hoping to turn a new leaf and change that real soon.
In the meantime, this picture pretty much says it all :)