Friday, November 12, 2010

pom poms

Last week I once again managed a few hours away with my dear friend Michelle.  We hit the mall kidless, and made a quick stop at all our favorite stores.

While at Gymboree, I was admiring the hair accesories, and noticed the cutest pom pom pony tail holders.  With 3 gals, I'm kind of a hair bow junkie.  However, I knew before even flipping them over to do a price check, that I would be disappointed.  After all, they were up front with all the full priced goodies.

Sure enough, $8.99 for a set of 2 balls of yarn attatched nicely to a pony tail holder.  I laughed, and put them back on the shelf.  The cheap-n-crafty in me just couldn't do it.

Well you know me. I got home, googled it, and watched many a sweet youtube video on the in's and out's of yarn craftery. Of course there was a kid peering over each shoulder, and 2 on my lap....so there was no chance pom pom making was going to be anything short of a familly event.

The kids are off school today, so it seemed like a good day for it.  They had a blast making them, and came up with many uses of their own...including, but not limited to, dog toys, roller skate accesories, Christmas ornaments, bracelets, and "fuzzy guys" :)  They were super easy to make, and my kids are now scheming up how to make the "Worlds Largest Pom Pom", to make it in the Guiness Book of World Records, naturally.




This isn't the best picture of Stella's hair, because I took it post nap :)  But she didn't want to be messed with.
 

3 comments:

Becky said...

You can't pay $8.99 for all the fun the kids look like they had in making them- way to be a crafty & cool mom- glad you had fun and they do look so cute in Stella's hair.

Triplet Mom said...

Those need to be stocking stuffers and Christmas gifts for sure! Very cute!

Michelle said...

Those turned out AWESOME!! Can I have a few in exchange for the bench? LOL Oh, and after reading your most recent post about Target, can it be minus the green? Your life is always an adventure... Next you need to figure out how to make those awesome flowers for the girl's hats.