Double digits. Two full hands worth.
I can still so vivdly remember that Saturday night she was born, 10 years ago.
After a long pregnancy of bedrest and complications, I can still remember sitting in the 68th Grille that Friday night before they closed up, enjoying dinner with Tim and Austin when I felt my first real contraction.
Hopping out of bed every 10 minutes, pacing the house all night long, and all through the next day, so afraid to go to the hospital for fear I would be sent home again, like I was with Austin.
Fighting with Tim about boys names over lunch.
In the end, I think this gal would have been a Levi, although we were still unsure.
Tim popping in our wedding video to distract me from the pain.
Finally giving in and heading to the hospital in the evening.
I can remember being so scared that they were going to send me home, and almost hugging the nurse when she said. "Oh honey, you aren't going anywhere, you will have this baby as soon as the doctor gets here. "
I was so overjoyed I almost forgot about the pain.
Dialated to 8, it was too late for pain meds, so we waited for the dr. on call to arrive and break my water.
He arrived, and sure enough, Sydney was born within minutes upon breaking my water.
45 minutes from hospital arrival to birth....my most efficient hospital labor to date!
And Tim still gets a kick out of my reaction.
The raw emotion after delivering naturally for the first time after many, many, hours, seeing that every ounce of this baby that caused so much trouble in utero was healthy, and the proclamation that she was a girl. I had no idea until that moment how much I was longing for a daughter.
Happy Birthday Beanie!
A quick Wendy's lunch on her birthday.
She had a birthday party sleepover this year.
They crafted, alot.
Holy Batman is that ever a lesson in patience.
One of their modge podge creations.
We played several minute to win it games.
This pic about sums up the season of life we are entering.
We had another little party with our family.
An interview at 10....
1. What is your favorite color? Purple
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet
3. What is your favorite toy? Lexi and Desi dolls
4. What is your favorite thing to do with dad? Play sports
5. What is your favorite thing to do with mom? Craft
6. If you could have any super power what would it be? Turn invisible
7. Favorite Subject? Gym
8. Favorite TV show? Dukes of Hazaard
9. Favorite Movie? Brave
10 Favorite Food? Steak
11. If you could choose your name what would it be? Daisy
12. What is your favorite sport? Soccer
13. What is your favorite book? Pinkalicious
14. If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Tenessee
15. Favorite game? Settlers of Catan
Happy Birthday Sydney, we love you!