Friday, November 5, 2010

fashion friday- shirt dress, take 2

This past week allowed a little extra time to dink around, so I decided to try making the shirt/ruffle dress again.  I stumbled upon some cute fabric, and had a pink shirt already hanging in the closet.  My machine was still out and fired up after making dwarf costumes last week. Did I mention that I will not be making our costumes next year? LOL 

Ok, back to the dress...it turned out okay, but that's the best I"ll give it.  I think this is the last dress I will attempt to sew for awhile.  While I can sew a skirt no problem, I get really stuck trying to figure out how to piece things all together.  Perhaps knowing how to read a pattern, or actually learning how to sew would help my case :) I would be embarassed if you looked at the inside, and as an after-thought had to whip up a flower to pin on the front, because i ripped a hole in it.


As you can see, Stella is clearly thrilled to be my model :)
I have a few house decor projects up my sleeve, so stay tuned....

1 comment:

MiniMe Mom said...

That is really cute, Nat!