Tuesday, November 9, 2010

bullseye

My coupons led me to Target this past week. 

I suppose it was probably more than just my coupons.  Have I mentioned that Target is hands down my absolute favorite store?

Grocery, cute and affordable home decor, hip fashion, and clearanced items on every endcap...clearly a bullseye :)

While I heart all things Target, I do have just one little gripe. Join me if you will, while I hop up on my soapbox for a moment.

While I love Target, I hate taking my kids there.

Why, you ask?

Because their shopping carts stink.

I generally have a minimum of 3 kids with me.  While my 5 year old has 2 perfectly good walking legs, my younger 2 are best left belted in.  The carts geared towards a person of my family stature are ridiculous....you know, that ginormous one that has a turning radius similar to a Ford Excursion?

The turning radius is not my gripe tho.

The "family friendly cart is truly not all that family friendly.  While there are 2 seats in the front geared towards kids, the standard baby seat up top is boarded up.  This has irritated me since back in the day when my first 3 were the ripe ages of 3,2, and baby....when i truly needed a seat for all three. 

And that is the reason I always choose a regular cart... b/c I need the baby seat for Elle.  This leaves Stella either sitting in the actual cart, or walking with Dylan.  The problem is, if Stella is in the cart, she is usually standing ...and if she is not standing, she is mad because she is sitting in back....usually throwing our groceries out of the cart for Dyl to pick up. This isn't a huge deal either, except for that one time she threw the spaghetti sauce overboard.  I must say, Stella truly acts her age :)

While I clearly could care less if she is standing, because I'm all for learning the hard way....it seems to be a big deal to every sales associate I pass...at least that's what they tell me. I have asked why the "family friendly" cart has a boarded  up baby seat many a time, and do you want to know the reason ?

Safety

Ha! They are worried my baby might kick my innocent 2 year old in the head sitting in the baby seat.

Really? Couldn't that be my decision to make? The right to choose whether my 2 year old will be kicked in the head, suffocate under the mound of groceries in the cart, or run off and disappear underneath the clothes rack? 

I will always choose a good kick in the head.

Ok, I'm stepping down now.  Perhaps all my problems would be solved if I could just figure out how to make these 2 sleep in, and go to the store when they are both well rested :)


This weeks deals.....I scored all of this for under $10!

I will lay out a scenario for those interested.... :)

Olay Body Wash is on price cut for $5.44
Coupon from 10/31 paper " $5 off Olay Body Wash with the purchase of any Secret product."
Small secret $.97
Total cost $1.41 for both items!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

you are correct-- target family carts are silly! I LOL about the Ford Excursion comparison...as soon you will have to be cornering one of those as well! :)

way to score the bargains tho, my friend!

Anonymous said...

while i too enjoy the awesomeness that is target merchandise, my gripe is most definitely their ridiculous return policy. is it really necessary to treat your customers as criminals simply b/c something did not work out? i always feel like i should bring a notarized deposition with me, explaining why the said item is being returned.

-amanda m.

Triplet Mom said...

I too hate those carts! With triplets I was very mad the first time I found out that top seat was boarded up! What??? So I resorted to just putting them all in the basket of a normal cart. Way less safe for sure! I preferred the Meijer carts that have a park bench in the back. For the longest time I could squeeze 3 girls on that bench... problem - only 2 buckles. I just squished one in the middle unbuckled and hoped for the best!