Sunday, August 29, 2010

to the zoo we go....

School starts tommorow.

And I must confess...I'm looking forward to it.
When I reflect back on this summer as a whole, it has flown by. I'm really not even sure where July went. However, when I think back on specific days....they were long.

I think a lot had to do with the fact that Ellery takes both a morning and afternoon nap, and Stella's nap usually fills the gap in between. My window for "getting out of the house with 5 happy kids" was very small. This combined with Tims really busy work schedule, and my willy nilly routine made for some long days. Don't get me wrong, we had plenty of fun in the sun and busy ......nevertheless, a real bedtime, structure, and daily interaction with friends will do us all good.

This past Friday, I made good on my promise to take the kids to the zoo before the end of summer. Nothing like waiting till the last minute :)

A few pics of the fun....





Sadly, I don't have any pictures of Ellery. The zoo was quite busy, so I was constantly scanning and doing the 1.2.3.4.5. count of the kids. It was best to keep Ellery in the stoller. If she saw me she would cry, so I tried to stay behind the stroller as much as possible...hence no pictures :)

1 comment:

kim said...

Looks like fun! I'm not sure I would be willing to pet that snake :)