Wednesday, June 16, 2010

seriously, what's with them?

I think we may need to get a dog soon.

On Monday, my 3 big kids ran into the house excited and breathless. "Mom! We caught baby mice! Can we keep them?"
Sure enough, they had stumbled upon 2 baby mice nestled in a pile of wood. They were named, played with, and put to bed in the bug barn for the night on a bed of fresh leaves and straw. Stella was thrilled, she thought the "myew" was back.

Yesterday, as I was making dinner, they ran inside all excited once again. "Mom, we caught a baby bird! Can we keep it in your bird cage?" Sure enough, there was a bird in my garage.




The kids thought it might have a broken wing because it wouldn't fly. I got my camara out, took a picture of their pet, and then we put it back in the woods where they found it.


I told them we'd go back out after dinner to see if it was still there, and figure out what to do with it then. We prayed for the bird, and finished dinner in record time. I've never seen my kids eat so fast! Luckily, after dinner the bird was no longer where we put it. And so, my bird cage remains a household decoration LOL.


I think I may buy stock in Purell :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can GIVE you a puppy. :) or better yet maybe I should just leave on in the woods by your house and the kids can find it. LOL