Friday, June 11, 2010

let the race begin...

Ellery is almost 7 months old.

I suppose if I'm honest with myself, I didn't just have her. However the pounds, (12 to be exact), just don't seem to be magically melting away on their own.

Perhaps I need to face the truth.

I am no longer 25.

Looking back on pictures from Austins baby book, I had lost all of the baby weight by this point, and was already cooking Sydney!

So, I'm starting to think I'm going to need to put a little effort into this.

I vowed to Tim that I would wear a bikini on the 4th of July. We are currently finishing up our last half gallon of Breyers ice cream, and though I have a love affair with coupons and ice cream...I will buy no more. I have also joined a CSA, and very Wednesday I get to pick up a crate of organic, fat free green goodness


I realize diet is only one part of the equation. I truly have been trying to work out on my wii fit, however Stella thinks she owns it, and throws an all out tantrum and tries to push me off every single time. She's actually quite good at the skateboarding competition :) Well, it just seems wrong to run on a treadmill in June, and if I take a walk with the kids, someone is either crying from falling down, or we are walking at a snails pace. Do you like all of my rationalizations? :)

So, while at Target few nights back, I bought this...



Can you read that fine print? "Eliminate love handles, muffin tops, and wobbly arms for good!" Music to my ears.

So, the race is on. Realistically, I'd really just like to lose a few extra lbs, firm up some of the jiggle, and eat healthier.


And now you are all accountable :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

WOW- more power to you in wearing a bikini after 5 kids- you are amazing & I know you can do it! Becky

i am not said...

You can do it, Nat!!!

Whats wrong with running on the treadmill in June? I've figured out how to read a book while I run and now the miles are flying by. I know a lot of people doing the Jillian Michaels workout and it sounds like it hurts - good luck with that:)