Tuesday, June 16, 2009

nothing new

I saw my dr. today, and baby Gloria is growing nicely and measuring in at about 17 weeks now. My hemotoma has not changed one little bit. It is still there in the same exact spot just as large as it was 2 weeks ago.


This is good news...... but not good enough to be taken off of bedrest.
However, my dr. said i could step up my activity level just a notch since nothing is changing. What does this mean? I may now go to church as long as i don't stand around talking afterwards or do anything crazy, I may continue to pick up Stella when necessary, I may do very basic household chores...but nothing wild and crazy like pushing a vacuum or carrying laundry baskets up stairs :)

I'll take it though. At my apt. today, they scheduled my ultra sound, and the earliest they could squeeze me in was 4pm. My dr. went through regular apt. stuff and ended it with checking the babys heartbeat. She tried, and tried, and tried...not to be found. They got me in for an ultrasound right away.....and all was well with the little troublemaker! Praise the Lord! That is all that matters. It's all perspective. Worse case scenario, I will be in this situation for 4 1/2 more months, watching my butt grow rounder by the day :) But I'll take it. I've grown quite attached to this little bugger, and his/her safety is what's most important.



2 comments:

kim said...

that's great news! hang in there.

Michelle said...

Does sitting in a chair at the lake count as "bed rest"? I'm certain it does.

Keep taking care of Gloria - aka troublemaker. :)