Monday, June 15, 2009

6 weeks

Yesterday marked 6 weeks of my being on bedrest. The first 2 weeks "moderate" and these last 4 weeks full bedrest. If i had known 6 weeks ago that i would still be on bedrest today, i think i seriously would have lost my mind! don't get me wrong, there are many days when i come very close....but we always make it :)


Let me take a moment to share with you a little bit about myself. I am the type of person that always keeps busy....I function my best with a little chaos. If something needs to be done, i just do it...always with another project up my sleeve. I know, having 4 kids makes this more of a necessity than a choice, but i come by it naturally. I am usually the helper, and find great joy in helping others.


So, that being said, being on bedrest has been a truly humbling experience. The Lord is working on me. Rather than "doing", i have to sit my butt down and graciously and humbly accept help from others....who I keep reminding myself find great joy in helping me.



Let me just say what a blessing it has been. We are truly and unbelievably blessed to have so many caring people in our lives! I am amazed and humbled at how many people have offered us help, brought us meals, watched our kids, kept me company, cleaned up our mess, and prayed for us. I thank God daily for all of you dear people!

I go in again tommorow, so i'll keep you posted. My sister and her 4 children came up to keep us company this past week. some pics of course....

one of the joys of our new kitchen.....8 children fit around the counter!





There was a 3-way fight for the coupe. stella has been very possesive of her little cozy since they've gone home again :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow-8 kids do fit around your new counter very nicely- So we can expect to hear that you are expecting 3 more times- right :) Hey hang in there. We are praying for you and your little one and will pray that you get good results tommorrow. Please let me know when I can bring a meal and/or pick up the kids. My girls would love to have some playmates as they are already bored and summer break just started. We will be praying- VJ & Becky Verduin & family

kkoois said...

wish i could be there to help you and keep you company. and i could help you learn how to sit back and do nothing while enjoying every minute of it! praying for you.

Michelle said...

Be assured, whatever the future holds, your circle of family and friends will continue to lift you up, meet your needs, and God will carry you through it!

sending love today!