Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tales of snakes, yaks, bobcats and Gloria

randoms from this past week...as seen from my chair :)

Sydney had the priviledge of dressing like the zoophonic character "Yancey Yak" in her end of the year kindergarden program. She did a great job...and is already a bit disgruntled with the idea of going to school every day next year :) Much to my dismay, Dylan found a baby snake and was brave enough to catch it and bring it to the door. I can't take this country living! He has been playing with it and carrying it around for the past week. He and and his little partner Sydney have been catching worms, crickets and slugs all week to feed it. It WILL be set loose tommorow after Syd has a chance to bring it to school.


When we said goodbye to the excavator a few months back, we welcomed the bobcat to our home :) We are never without a project here....so the sidewalks and patio that got ripped out with our kitchen addition will soon be replaced....and then on to the yard- it never ends!


Miss Gloria is growing nicely and measuring in @ almost 16 weeks now. The hemotoma is the same size and shape as it was 2 weeks ago. They say this is a good thing. It is stable and appears to have stopped growing. However, it's still huge so i unfortunately have to stay on bedrest. I had a good chat with my dr. I think I have a better understanding of what I should and shouldn't be doing now. She gave me the "okay" to lift Stella a few times a day so that helps a little. I go in again in 2 weeks for another ultra sound, so pray that it starts to go down some. I'm starting to realize and accept that this isn't going to be a quick process....I've got 4 1/2 weeks under my belt now, and it's no smaller than it was when the trouble started.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You know that if this baby is a girl you're gonna have to name her Gloria. Good to hear you can pick Stella up a bit more.