Sunday, May 10, 2009

believe it....

yes, we were quite surprised as well!!!

I must admit, my emotions were all over the place those first few weeks after finding out. At first there was shock...and then of course panic set in when i assesed the lifestyle changes that need to be made.... but finally the reality sank in-

WE ARE TRULY AND UNBELIEVABLY BLESSED! Praise the Lord for this gift!
So... in about 29 weeks, Lord willing, we will welcome a new little baby into our family. Yes, that calculates out to November~ so thats 5 kids all born within 2 months of the year!


She's definately making her presence known already. Last Sunday we spent the afternoon in the ER due to heavy bleeding and what felt like contractions. It turns out I have a subchorianic hemotoma that is 6cm in size surrounding the babys sac. Not a good thing since it's about twice the size of the baby right now.

Per my doctor, there's not really anything we can do but "wait and pray." So that is what we are doing. She told me to "take it easy" because she knows that bedrest with 4 kids isn't very practical, and most likely would not help anyways. So... we wait and pray and "take it easy". I go in again in 1 week for another ultra sound so i'll keep you posted.


We usually like to keep this kind of information to ourselves so early on and with such uncertainty, however we needed to tell the kids so that they would understand why "mommy doesn't try very hard when we play baseball" and "why won't you jump on the trampoline mom?"


They were happy! Tim showed them the ultrasound picture and asked if they knew what it was. It was funny b/c right away Austin and Sydney said "It's Stella in mommys tummy". Tim told them they were close, so they went down the line guessing....Austin? Sydney? Dylan? Dylan thought it was a picture of a rock :)


Their initial reactions....

Ausin couldn't get past the detail of November and the possibility of sharing a birthday.

Sydney she just giggled and said yah

Dylan just said "I want it to be a boy baby"

Stella has no opinion as of yet, we'll see if that changes :)


For the record- I'm calling girl and Tims calling boy. I have my reasons, but thats a topic for another post. Tims been 4 out of 4 so far so we shall see! My record on the other hand is not so good.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Nat! I'm speechless - oh and not joining you. :)I said that last time didn't I? Crap - we are praying for you and the baby! Please take it easy and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

Tina said...

Holy smokers!! Congrats to you and Tim (and the kiddo's). Definately be praying for you and a healthy, full-term pregnancy. Let me know too if there is anything I can do to lighten your load so you can "rest".
Congrats!

Michelle said...

i knew it! i just had a feeling, a couple weeks ago but didn't dsre ask you. i know that sounds so weird, but i just thought you looked a little preggers. i can't wait to talk tomorrow! oh, and i am jealous! i really would like to join you, but i don't think it will happen. congratulations! i will be praying for this little one!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! How exciting!!! (now that the shock has worn off :))

We will definitely keep your family and the little one in our prayers. Let me know if you need any help with the kiddos so you can rest. CONGRATS!!!!!

holly said...

We are so super happy for you. I just knew you would be going for #5! Way to keep the chain alive!! Don't worry, I am sure that Dielman will be joining you :) I will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and please call if you need anything. In fact, you may just see me at your door step one day to help out. !! Cograts!!!

Quiver Full said...

Congratulations Natalie! I am so happy for you! You're right...what a blessing! You and your beautiful family are in my prayers.

I loved the reactions of the kids...thinking it was Stella's ultrasound and/or a rock! Too cute. I also have to say...you're really good at keeping this awesome news a secret for so long! Congratulations!!!!

MiniMe Mom said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you Nat. Praying that you have a healthy little bundle of joy in November. November 20 would be a good day for her to appear!

Yeah, we had a pact, but the Bird family is not ready yet either:-) YOu might have to do this one alone LOL Unless, of course, you can convince either of the Michelles.

Congrats!!

Becky said...

CONGRATULATIONS TIM & NATALIE!!! We are so excited for you- we just heard from Kevin & said the info was on your blog so I just had to find out! We will be praying for you and your little one and that your precious gift from God will arrive healthy & strong. Please let me know if there is anything we can do. The girls would love some playmates and I would love to bring you a meal. Congratulations once again & we'll be praying- VJ & Becky & clan