Friday, May 29, 2009

Going Postal

I don't usually use my blog to share much of my opinion... i'm actually much more of the peacemaker type....however, let me share a little story with you that i've been stewing over all week. Perhaps the bedrest is getting to me, and i have too much thinking time on my hands.

okay, on with the story.....

So, I get the mail last Friday(May 22) and I glance it over and set it on the counter before we leave town. Fastforward to Monday when we get home. I send Sydney down the driveway to get Saturdays mail. She comes back up to tell me we don't have any... okay, so i start opening up Fridays mail.

I open up a letter from the post office... dated Thurs. May 21...to sum it up it states that due to the decline in mail, they are consolidating routes and this effects the placement of our mailbox...."effective Sat. May23 your box must be placed on the East side of the street...after the 23rd we will hold your mail at the post office if it hasn't been moved."

What?!?

Since when do you get 1 days notice? this is the govt! did i miss another letter somewhere?
Timeline aside, the real angst comes down the principle of it. About 2 years ago our road was paved, much to Tims dismay. Our mailbox, which was indeed located on the east side of the street was yanked and relocated for the summer. After the project was done, the govt. workers put our mailbox back in on the west side of the road. I thought this was weird, and slightly inconvenienced me might i add, but i thought- well, they're the govt, that must be where they want it.

Are you kidding me? The govt. moves our mailbox and then says we can't have our mail until it's moved back?
I will not share Tims opinion on the matter since this is a family blog :) But, don't send us any mail we might not be getting any for awhile.....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

please share Tim's opinion on the matter. ;-) i would enjoy that. LOL.