Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our week.

It was one of those weeks.
I didn't realize until the weekend before, that the kids had off school Monday.
Add in 3 more snow days, and I could use a break from the noise, entertaining and "stop it's".
Don't get me wrong, I love a good snow day.
I just like them spread out a little more :)

A few pics from the last week or so....


The kids went sledding alot.
Their rigged 4 man sled worked pretty well....

 
We went through an amplitude of hot chocolate.


The first day they went back to school, on my mission to restore order, I picked up 37 paper airplanes, flown into various crevices of our main floor.


I finally made a decision on carpet, and am now off the hook for making carpet sample forts 5 times a day.


Austin finished up his 5th grade basketball career.
It took him a few weeks to wrap his head around this sport and to really get into it, but by his last game he was loving it!



Inspired by her Oma, Sydney busied herself painting portraits during her time at home....


Naturally they were only for purchase.
Good thing I had a coupon tho,  I  was able to snag the picture above for free!


This kid has been tormenting me all week with his dollar store snakes and rats.
A snake on my steering wheel, on my pillow, on my lap when I awoke on the couch Sunday afternoon, in my toothbrush holder, a rat in my boot....like his father, this boy gets his kicks listening to me screetch!

I'm making slow and steay progress on "The List"....
Since it was so cold outside, it seemed like a good time to defrost the freezer, and throw the food in bins on the deck for a few days....


Turns out, each shelf isn't supposed to have a a 3 inch snow/ice drift on it!
It's so great now!

Inching my way closer to getting in shape....


Cleaned out all my kitchen drawers and pantry, and spent way too much time playing with contact paper and my label maker...

 
I had to take a pic in case they go to pot.
If for one brief moment in time, they looked great.
 
 

The snow managed to hold off so the kids could make it to school on wacky hair day...phew!


Now that the carpet is ordered, I've dropped that craze, and am now equally obsessed with picking out paint color. Ridiculously,  time sucking, internet scouring, back and forth to the store for samples, sit and stare at my walls with a cup of coffee during all lighting scenarios, obsessed.

To the point that I could probably write a whole blog post on the color "greige", and could tell you the store brand and name of the color just by looking at the front of a chip.  I'm thinking of making a game out of them :)

 
We've got high ceilings, for once I'm trying to get it right the first time :)

Naturally, Sydney cut out and sewed some garland from my discarded chips...

 
 And I can't get this little girl to stay out of my freezer....
 
 
Happy Wednesday all~

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow- You accomplished all of that with 5 kids home!!! What would you have gotten done if they were all at school?!?!?! I am so impressed and you have motivated me to clean out some of those messy places at our house too. Thanks! Can't wait to see continued progress and inspiration