Friday, January 18, 2013

Around here.

I typically wait until I have a story to tell, a milestone to share, a cute picture to display before I update this blog.
 
Sometimes I've got nothing to say, and other times I've got a great story to tell, but no time to sit down and write my thoughts out. I hate when that happens because I love some good word play.
 
As the kids get older and busier, the memory that I have always prided myself in is lapsing.
I thought I would always remember specific details. 
And while I still have a lot tucked away, too much is falling between the cracks now.
 
I decided I just need to update on our ordinary happenings, everyday life, so that I have it in the books, and can look back on it fondly.
 
So that's what I'm going to do :)
 
As much as it pulls at my heart strings that everyone is getting older, it sure is nice to send ALL the kids out the door to play in the snow...even if it takes the little 2 longer to get ready than they actually play.  They have to earn their hot chocolate a little.
 


 
I just may have to have a turn yet :)
 

 
My pony days are almost through.
That I am not sad about :)
 
 
We have found our new favorite game in "Ticket to Ride"
Perhaps there are a few too many competitive people around 1 table :)
 
 
Success.  Another banded goose from Canada.
 
 
 
Austin's first band concert, and debut on the tuba!
(I never get to see the thing, because he "practices" on his baritone at home)
They did really well!
Not squeaky and out of tune like I envisioned.  It was truly delightful!
 
 
 Another project checked off my list, and going strong!
Now that is one clean, empty fridge :)
 
 
Working my way around into the living room.
I had to take a picture of my wall of photos, in case I want to recreate it.
 
 
I am currently working on filling nail holes, picking out paint, entertaining these gals, and trying to figure out which of these looks best....
 
 
Gah!! I hate big decisions like carpet and couches.
I always screw up.
 
More pics soon...
Happy Friday all~
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of great pictures! Love the fridge:)

Becky said...

WOW- you are doing great on your list and it sure looks good. Can't wait to see the end result of your living room- I'm sure it will look GREAT!