Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our weekend in pictures.

Life has been busy lately.
A good, happy, fun, kind of  busy.
And while there are alot of things I want to share...I'm just going to start with last weekend and work my way around.

On Friday we celebrated Tim's birthday.
The kids decided upon an Angry Birds theme, since he's always sneaking away with either my ipod or kindle to play.
Austin made the cupcake toppers, and the others were in charge of decorating.


And decorate they did.
Our living room bordered dangerous... with balloons and streamers EVERYWHERE!
They quickly ran and hid when they heard his trusty diesel pull up the drive, to surprise him.

Sydney made up a scavenger hunt for him to find all of his lovely presents.  Clues led him through the house and garage to find his new coffee mug, lunch box, Angry Birds t shirt, and years' supply of reeses peanut butter cups.




Happy Birthday Tim.  We love you!

And since I never blogged about it, a few pics from my birthday a few weeks back :)
At last we're the same age again!

Tim and my best gal pals planned a surprise birthday party for myself and friend Cara.

As the story goes...Tim told me he had to run to the shop to grab some drawings he had forgotten...and we could all go together and stop for ice cream at the corner on the way home.
Sounded good to me, I'm always up for ice cream and togetherness.

Well, on the way to the shop, the truck just slowed down and died, so he steered it into the Sams Joint parking lot that we just happened to be driving past.

Naturally he "forgot"  his phone, and had to run inside to call his brother while I waited in the truck with the kids.
(Now all of this is  completely out of character for Tim, because if the truck really died, he would have been foul! And there's no way he would have just gone in to make a phone call.  He would have spent at least an hour tinkering with it, figuring it out by himself, muttering, before even thinking of asking anyone for help :) 

 But I rolled with it, because that's just what I do.

Well, he came back out to the truck and informed me his brother wasn't home.
He truly looked stumped about what to do. 
 After a few minutes of what appeared to be serious thinking, he told me to go inside and call my friend Michelle to come help us out. 

He guided me into the building...and up the stairs, b/c that's where the phone is after all :)

SURPRISE!




Thank you Tim and friends.
I felt the love!

Ok, back to this weekend.
On Saturday, after a day of final soccer games...we had the priviledge of attending the wedding of our longtime friends.

Congratulations Andy and Wendy!

We had a blast dancing and hanging out like old times...without having to worry about cutting up meat, or spilled juice :)

A picture of the whole group...minus our 33 kids!



Sunday morning @ 7am we hopped in the van and drove to Chicago to witness the baptism of my sisters twins Rowan Douglas and Norah Faith.



It was a beautiful service. 
The ministers words had me reaching for a kleenex.
 It was a beautiful time of community and family... thanking and praising God for these precious babies.




I've still got it!




Happy Tuesday all~

No comments: