Wednesday, March 3, 2010

birthday bling

This little gal has been asking to get her ears pierced since she learned to form sentences. My response has always been "When you get older".

Well, for her birthday this year she asked if we could go to Build a Bear ...because after all that's where I took Austin when he turned 7. I thought about it, and as much as I wanted another useless stuffed animal lying around the house, we decided she has proven herself responsible enough to have her ears pierced. She was THRILLED!
So, last Saturday we made the trip to Claires just the 2 of us. She picked out little blue flowers. Had I known when she picked those out that she would insist on wearing blue EVERY DAY to match her ears, I would have persuaded her differently :)

Because there was only one girl working the store, she had to pierce her ears one at a time. She did great! Her eyes got real wide and her cheeks red, but she didn't cry. Her quote afterwords when I asked if it hurt..."No, I thought about crying but I didn't".

So far she's doing great with them. She asks me daily to remind her when 6 weeks is up so she can change them, and would clean them every 5 minutes if I would let her.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Syd!
You look very pretty!

Becky said...

Very cute! 7 must be the age for ear piercing because we just let Julia get her's on her 7th Bday too.