Wednesday, October 21, 2009

foto flashback....

May17, 1995

The night before i was to make the big move back to Chicago for the summer. Our relationship had been official for about 3 weeks and we were quite enamored with each other....okay, maybe it was just me :)
Since we had conquered laundry that year, my roomate and I decided we would try our hand at cooking. We thoughtfully and lovingly planned out a fantastic evening for our new boyfriends. Chicken and rice was the main dish, and candles were on the table.
We slaved over that meal, trying to get the timing of it all just right! We primped. We had so much electricity going we blew a fuse! We worked REALLY hard to make it absolutely perfect!

The guys came over and we were giddy 19 year olds who had just cooked our boyfriends dinner for the first time.

Fastforward. We sit down to eat, and I'm talking Tims ear off as usual. When I take the time to actually notice him, I realize that he is eating really slow.... which is really quite uncommon for him. I politely tell him if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to keep eating it....tho i'm certain this is not the case.

His response? "Oh phew!" and puts his fork down and shoves his plate aside.

Yes indeed, the last time I cooked for him till I became legally bound :) I've come a long way!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

14 years and nearly 5 kids later, God has blessed you greatly.

I would never know that you couldn't cook way back when for now you make a mean Beef Log, am I right???

kkoois said...

wow. i remember that night. i think the problem was that we burned it, right? fun memories!

MiniMe Mom said...

Every time I have been over, your food is fantastic!

edejong said...

oh, but don't forget about the wonderful fondue dinner on Dick Street! I guess we did't "cook" for the guys, but it was an experience. Happy Valentines Day :)