Friday, November 11, 2011

Project "get it done"

I keep a pretty exhaustive "to do" list.

Last spring, it felt like we were running everywhere. Soccer practice, homework, field trips, church activies, crying babies...it felt like I was always 1 step forward, 2 steps behind.


I can remember saying over and over again...as soon as summer is here I'll start getting stuff done, and get on top of my game.  I figured we'd be home a lot more, and I could stay up into the wee hours of the morning getting things done, since I wouldn't have to be up early to get the kids on the bus.

Ha. 

By the first of July, I changed my tune.  Keeping a loose schedule, in order to enjoy all that summer had to offer left very little time alone....or energy for that matter. The little girls were notoriously awake... often just after I crawled into bed most nights, and my montra soon became "I will get this stuff done as soon as the big kids go back to school"

Ha to me again.

Now that crazy busy fall is wrapping itself up, I'm starting to get on top of things around here. I still can't manage to get the hot lunch order form right, but I am gaining control nonetheless. I always forget how crazy this time of year is. Like a flip of a switch you go from long lazy summer days, to trying to figure out when dinner will fit in.

Anyhow, one thing on my project list was to paint our bedroom furniture a nice blue color, and hang some wall stickers that have been collecting dust since my birthday last spring.



And aside from sewing up a few new pillows, I think I can succesfully check" bedroom" off my list. I'm pretty happy with the way it came together.

And that's all fine and dandy, but guess what??

While cleaning out my nightstand drawer, I stumbled upon this little piece of paper all folded up in the corner.


Our baby names list from 2001. 

Such a treasure to find  :)

Happy Friday all~

1 comment:

Michelle said...

love it all, look so great! :)

...especially the last name listed on the girls side :)