Friday, September 2, 2011

Fashion Friday- For the love of vintage sheets

A few weeks back, the kids and I made a quick trip to Chicago to hang with my family before being bound by the school calendar once again.

And the ride was a trip let me tell you

Ellery chucked her pacifier and beloved pig in protest before we were even out of the driveway....as if to warn me of her intentions for the next 3 hours.

She screamed and carried on until she was a boogery, choking, drippy, sobbing mess.  We finally stopped halfway because a certain few little people couldn't hold their bladders any longer....ok, I had to go too, and everyone was so, so, hungry. While lunching at this McD's truckstop, an employee working the dining room gave Ellery 3 different happy meal smurf toys on the house, in an attempt to make her happy. and keep her quiet.  It didn't work, and she continued to carry on.... but the other kids were delighted to inherit the toys since I didn't get them happy meals, and we scooted out as quickly as humanly possible.

We got back in the van, and I was like the little engine that could.

And once we arrived, we all had a lovely time :)

The cousins. 
We are eagerly anticipating adding 2 more sweet babies to this picture next summer Kimmy :)

While it's not written in the by-laws or anything, it's pretty much understood that we will make a quick trip to both H & M and Spree while I visit.  H & M is purely for me, and Spree is a joint love affair that my mom and I share for thrift shops.  We like this one alot.  Everything is orderly and color coded.  It's like a rainbow of musty smelling thrifty goodness.

While browsing at our thrift shop, I came across this sweet vintage sheet for a mere $2.


I absolutely adore the material.

And and after a good soaking and wash, Stella does too :)



Happy Friday all~

No comments: