Monday, June 13, 2011

may madness

May certainly was a busy one. 
I donned my supermom cape, and tried my very best to make it to all of the kids activities.  
Join me, on a pictoral journey of the times I remembered my camera :)


Austin's highly anticipated 3rd grade class trip was to Dutch Village. 
Unfortunately, it rained so hard that we were forced inside for the whole trip, and the kids were sent back to school early. No ride on the trusty old swings or music from the outdoor organ.  Kind of a bummer, but we did have a good time.



Not really the nice picture I had in mind. While I was looking forward to a quaint picture of Austin and I in front of a beautiful splay of tulips, I will have to settle for looking like a drowned rat in front of a fake chicken?  It's all in the memories, right?  Good times.

 It is becoming very clear I need to buy an umbrella :)


Sydney's class spent the day in a local 124 year old one room school house.  Dressed like pioneers, they spent their day learning like they did back in the day. 
Tin can lunches, food rolled in cloth and tied with string, feather pens, homeade crushed walnut ink, individual slates, and separate boy/girl games were just a few of their delights.... and clearly, pioneers wore pink converse shoes :)




The boys had a grand old time playing soccer.



...and the girls were top-notch cheerleaders.


The kids ran the 5/3 Junior race.


We went to a few class picnics....



 
...and Tim and I are now both half way to 70.
More pics coming soon!

No comments: