Friday, September 17, 2010

what else I did on my summer vacation...

Now that school is in full swing, I have just a smidgen more free time on my hands....just a smidgen, but it's a start, right? While uploading photos in an effort to boost computer speed, I realized there were some notables that I neglected to share with the www.

For starters, we spent a lovely 4.5 days camping with dear friends, during a beautiful mid August week.

Compared to last year...when the highs struggled to reach 55 degrees, and the sun was replaced by ominous gray clouds without a moments notice... the weather could not have been more ideal. We fished, we beached, we played, we chatted, we ate, and we chatted and ate some more. It was positively relaxing and delightful to be in the company of these people I hold so dear.

Some of my favorite pics....


Another summer notable.... I made good on my promise to craft with the kids. We created a laundry list of crafts, including snow globes, dinosaurs, hanging flowers, etc, etc. For our last craft of the summer, we made stepping stones for my garden.

One of Sydney's most prominent personality traits is her persistence. After she convinced me to sew her a purse, wallet, doll sleeping bag , doll dress etc. etc. I sat her down and taught her how to sew! A quick learner she is. She spent the tail end of the summer crafting purses and wallets, and if you talk to her, she'll sell you one for 5 bucks LOL.

We spent time at the cottage with family from Canada! It was so good to see them again! Unfortunately I didn't have my camara around much :)


We shopped! I somehow managed to get away on 2 kidless shopping trips. We went to the antique fair and IKEA. Good times!


Okay, I will now officially call the summer of '10 complete!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the picture of the boys in the tent!!! and of Sydney at the sewing machine...maybe if she gets good enough I can hire her. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheap and trendy deisgner clothing from http://www.ronkaclothing.com where we sell: Chie Mihara Shoes, DSQUARED2, Charlie My Love, American Vintage, Eugenia Kim, M20, Cocktail Dresses, Cleobella, Matthew Williamson Escape, Dolan, Modern Vintage Shoes, Mary L Couture, Bec & Bridge - all available from our online designer clothing store at 50% off sale!