Friday, May 28, 2010

random thoughts on a friday...

Later this afternoon, we are looking forward to heading out for a long weekend of camping adventures. The weather forecast looks gorgeous, and I am SO looking forward to spending quality time with my 6 favorite people. However, packing for 7 is no small task, especially when the littlest person has the biggest and most necessary "stuff".

I have been flying around like a crazy lady for the past 2 days (nights actually) ...because the "anal annie" in me also likes to come home to a clean house and no extra laundry laying around.

Okay, the reason for this post. While cleaning up this morning, I went to fix the blanket on the couch, and stumbled upon Austin's rhino that he has treasured since birth.
Lovingly tucked in with a pillow before he left for school.

He does this every day.

So today I thank God for simple joys. For seeing the sensitivity and love in my firstborn son, when so often our temperments colide. As I type this these thoughts, Dylan has interupted me 17 times to tell me something. I thank God for this too.

Have a good weekend friends!

1 comment:

i am not said...

I do that, too, Nat! I HATE coming home to a messy house and more laundry than what I bring home in my suitcase. And if I can swing it (depending on where we go) I try to do laundry before packing to come home (this only works when we visit family).

I love seeing those kinds of things - my girls taking care of their little loves.