Wednesday, May 26, 2010

6 months

Are you tired of hearing about our pets yet? Don't worry, this isn't another pet post :) Sadly, little Annie didn't make it. We buried her, and performed a nice little ceremony out back. Sydney was crushed. But lets face it, I'm no mama cat! In my haste to make her feel better, I told Syd that maybe we could get another kitty. I'm an idiot ;)


Well, back to the topic for this post. Ellery is now 6 months old. God is good. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the day to day tasks involved in caring for our 5 young children, that i fail see them through God's eyes. They are all beautiful gifts from God. Each one unique. Each one a blessing. When I reflect on this, I am so in awe of God's goodness. I feel blessed to the depths of my soul for all that He has entrusted me with. My prayer is that I never take it for granted.



Anyhow, I've had a lot of sentiment these past few weeks. It has been a bustle of parties, field trips, soccer games, and beautiful weather. Last year at this time I was on complete bedrest. I was missing all of this busy, praying that our little baby would continue to grow and not enter this world too early. Not knowing what the future held, but knowing full well that God's way is always perfect. In the ER when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Elle, the doctors told us that miscarriage was quite likely. There is so much peace in knowing that God is in complete control, and nothing happens apart from His perfect plan. I still don't know what the futures holds, but today I marvel, marvel, MARVEL in God's goodness in the blessing of our little Elle.


Ellery was baptized on Mothers Day, and Tim's grandpa performed the sacrament. All 3 of our girls have been baptized on Mothers Day. This is special to me, I guess because we really never planned it this way. Both boys were born the same time of year, but happened to be baptized on different dates.


Okay, enough sappy nat. Some stats @ 6 mos....

*I can finally say with much confidence, Ellery is sleeping through the night! It finally clicked a few weeks back. She has gone from waking up every couple of hours, to sleeping 10 hours In. A. Row!! On days when we are able to stay home all day, she naps pretty well. It's the waking her up to go to pre-school or soccer practice that really messes her up.

*Her list of favorite foods includes...oatmeal, sweet potatoes, applesauce and bananas. Did I mention she likes to eat all day long? She still takes a 6oz. bottle about every 2-3 hours.

*She is getting real close to sitting up on her own. If you put her on her stomach, she will roll right over on her back. If you put her on her back, she will stay that way, because that's the way she likes it :)

*The girl knows what she wants. If I set her down and walk away, she will scream until I come back and pick her up. If I am in the kitchen, she is pretty happy sitting on the counter in her bumbo, as long as I maintain eye contact and conversation. Most days I hold her All.Day. Long. This is usually a conflict in interest with Stella :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this post. I love you, friend.
Beautiful thoughts on the goodness of God.