Wednesday, August 27, 2008

first days




well, we've officially got 2 kids in the system, and they're both pretty happy about it!
austin is loving first grade. he thinks he is so old now, especially with his sister across the hall in kindergarten. he didn't want me to walk him into school the first day, though i did anyway ~ when i told him i'd miss him he said "it's okay mom, you've still got dylan"
when i picked him up, the first words out of his mouth when he saw me..." you should have given me a spoon for my pudding, i couldn't eat it, and that was my second favorite snack" ah yes, frustrations always seem to center on food. austin's favorite things about school....art, recess, lunch, gym (in that order)
i had to laugh on the first day of school he came home with 2 notes (i use the term loosely since they are still learning to write :) in his pocket that he got during recess.

sydney loved her first day of kindergarten. she allowed me to walk her in and kiss and hug her. then she re-showed me her spread of markers, glue sticks etc. she thinks she's hot stuff b/c austin taught her everything he knew last year, so allie alligator was like an old friend. the first words out of her mouth when i picked her up....
" austin pretended he didn't know me at recess, and then he called me a boy" ~ nice... thanks for looking out for your little sister like i asked.



No comments: